Wednesday, 23 October 2013

I finished my chair!

I just finished my little project, re-upholstering the knackered office chair I got a couple of weeks ago. I had planned to cover it in stripey fabric, but in the end I decided on plain after I realised I wouldn't be able to match up the stripes on the front and back of the backrest because of the curve.

The material is a heavy duty wool upholstery fabric that I found on ebay. The colour is called 'pumpkin', and I was hoping it would be a slightly brighter orange, but now it's covered I think it looks quite 1970's and kind of suits the chair.

More importantly, it's really comfortable to sit on, and doesn't lower itself down with a jolt at the worst possible moment like my crappy old Ikea chair did.

Here's a 'before' picture:

You can probably see that the arms are a bit wonky, this was just down to the way it was bolted together, one of the bolts was in the wrong place, and needed an extra washer. So I took it all apart, replaced the foam, then covered it in new fabric.

I took lots of photos of the process, let me know in the comments if you would like to see how I did it step-by-step!

No comments:

Post a Comment